This week’s ingredient of the week is celery!
Step aside, apples and spinach. It’s time to celebrate the unsung vegetable: celery!
Our boxes have been sent out for this week (we hope you’re enjoying all the fresh ingredients and great recipes you’ve received!) and one of the star ingredients is celery.
It’s known to be a great addition to stir-fries and soups, and here’s why it’s our ingredient of the week
Helps Lower High Cholesterol
- Butylphthalide is the component found in celery which gives it its flavor and scent. But that’s not all it does — the compound also reduces bad cholesterol.
- Eating more celery will bring you much-needed relief if you’re suffering from pains in your joints, lung infections, acne, or asthma.
Helps Prevent or Treat High Blood Pressure
- Phthalides, another active compound in celery, has been proven to boost circulatory health.
Helps Prevent Ulcers
- Celery can help prevent or reduce the formation of painful ulcers. The special ethanol extract found in celery is useful in protecting the lining of the digestive tract from ulcers.
Protects Liver Health
- The more celery, the more liver health improves, and the less dangerous fat-buildup within the liver.
Beneficial for Weight Loss
- Despite it being so nutrient-dense, it’s extremely low in calories. This ingredient will help you lose weight, because of its ability to provide you with vital nutrients, and to help you regulate lipid (fat) metabolism.
Boosts Digestion and Reduces Bloating
- Celery seeds have an odorless and oily compound known as NBP that has a diuretic effect and helps your body to detox.
Contains Anti-Microbial Properties That Fight Infections
- It has been used for centuries as an herbal medicine, and has been found to significantly purify and reduce the growth of bacteria.
A tip for the home chefs:
Don’t wash celery right away after bringing it home, because this can cause it go bad quicker. Store it while it’s dry, wrapped in a paper towel if you’d like, inside the refrigerator for about 5–7 days at the most!
Check out our menu for next week: https://hellochef.me/menu/
Follow us on Instagram: Instagram.com/hellochefme
Find us on Facebook: Facebook.com/hellochefme
Tags: celery, dubai fresh ingredients, fresh ingredient, fresh ingredients dubai, hello chef abu dhabi, hello chef dubai, hello chef sharjah, ingredients abu dhabi, ingredients sharjah, preportioned ingredients
Start Cooking with Us
Fresh ingredients. Great recipes. Delivered weekly.
Subscribe now to get inspiring recipes and ideas!
100% Privacy. We don't spam.